It's August. The back to school supplies have been bought, I see a few leaving already dropping from the trees in my backyard and the Pumpkin pins have already popped into my Pinterest feed. There's no denying that these are the last few days of summer vacation. But you know what- I'm NOT going down without a fight, because folks, as the great Yogi once said- "It ain't over till it's over!"
At the risk of seeing a bit manic, I have decided to pull together a bucket list of things to do to hold on to these last days of slowed down bliss before the fast pace of September:
- Ambush the boys with an all out water-balloon WWIII ( I have about 300 ready fill balloons that I refuse to carry into the winter as memories of I wish I had... I am filling those babies up!)
- Tie dye some shirts as souvenirs of summer 2016
- Make a time capsule and bury it to open next summer
- Start a new habit this month that will make the next few months easier
- Check out a summer movie in the park or catch a scary midnight movie- or both!
- Squeeze in a few more beach days
- Wear my favorite summer outfits for no reason at all- that pretty shirt shouldn't be shut away waiting for next year's parties! I'm going to celebrate today!
- Have ice cream Sundays for dinner
- Ride a carousel
- Do everything the little guy does for a day- get in the pool, run through the sprinkler, draw on the sidewalk, blow bubbles and just be silly
- Enjoy a glass bottle of Coke
- Have a photo scavenger hunt
- Do a random act of kindness
- Go for a midnight swim
- Catch a summer carnival
- Check out the summer sky at the local planetarium
- Have a summer movie all night marathon
- Fill the house with bright happy sunflowers
- Have a picnic, bring bubbles and comics and just watch the clouds- maybe bring a stuffed friend for one last teddy bear picnic before the little guy gets too old.
- Have dinner out with the big guy before he starts college. *sigh*
- Make summer recipe I haven't tried yet
- Get a HUGE canvas and paint outside
- Wear Hawaiian shirts and go bowling
- Drive to a new farmers market and get the last of the sweet corn
- Print out my summer photos so I can relive these sweet memories again and again
How about you? Any things you home to do before summers turns to crisp Autumn? I'd love to hear them- and maybe add a few of your ideas to my list!